It took time, but we have finally embraced a weekly rhythm. It is there to guide the days, not dictate them. I find that little extra focus inspiring and meaningful. Each day of the week has an anchor, so to speak, that the rest of the day is built around. Monday mornings look like this:
- rise and shine ~good morning song and stories
- preparing breakfast & eating
- circle time ~ a daily routine where we sing songs & nursery rhymes
- play ~ often after circle time we will play for a bit in their room (puzzles, blocks, dolls, etc.)
- our monday anchor (usually around 10) ~ outdoor adventure where we gear up and head out for the morning
- back home for lunch around noon
Mondays = outdoor adventure! We take walks nearly everyday, but Monday is for taking a walk somewhere new and hopefully a little more exciting than our typical neighborhood stroll…So far it hasn’t poured on Mondays, so weather hasn’t derailed us yet. I’m thinking we will get some raincoats and boots so that when Spring springs, we’ll be prepared.
We kneeled over a small bridge and watched this pretty scene for awhile. They loved saying “moss, green…” and “water…move…” The sounds were soothing, too.
Duke Gardens on a very cold morning in January.